The Partnership held the second webinar in a series examining strategies to prevent homelessness for those who are at the highest risk. This webinar features innovative service providers who are working to identify and support families before they become homeless. Speakers describe how they are working with school districts and public social service programs to support and stabilize families residing in hotels or doubled-up situations who are at risk of entering shelters. Speakers share how they utilize diversion strategies in their homelessness service system to help people identify alternatives to entering shelters.
- Dr. Sharon McDonald, National Alliance to End Homelessness, Washington, DC
- Dr. Cicely Dove, Crossroads Rhode Island, Providence, RI
- Theresa McDevitt, Crossroads Rhode Island, Providence, RI
- Cindy Moussavou, Housing Families First, Richmond, VA
- Andrea Makriyianis, Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Dept. of Social Services, Chesterfield, VA