- This event has passed.
Are Your Customers Leaving Money on the Table? Tips for Ensuring Everyone Receives Their Economic Impact Payment
September 10 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
It is estimated that as many as 12 MILLION Americans have not yet received their $1,200 Economic Impact Payment (EIP) to assist with the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Community Action customers are among the most likely to be in this group because of address changes, non-filing of taxes or a lack of awareness of eligibility. Join the National Community Action Partnership and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau for more information about how to make sure customers in YOUR community access this important resource.
- Denise Harlow, National Community Action Partnership
- Dave Sieminski, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Johanna Barrero, ICF
- JC Craig, ICF
Additionally, we’d like to bring to your attention this great resource from CFPB, Helping Consumers Claim their Economic Impact Payment. This guide contains step-by-step information for frontline Community Action Agency staff on how to:
- Discuss the EIP with CAA-served families;
- Determine if families need to take action; and
- Support families with what to expect and how to troubleshoot common issues or address scenarios such as not having a permanent address.