The Weatherization Leveraged Partnerships Project is funded by the Department of Energy Office of Weatherization and Intergovernmental Programs. Our goal is to support local Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) organizations to increase the size and impact of their federal program through local or state partnerships that provide more resources. The project team is based at the National Community Action Partnership to offer training and assistance to WAP subgrantees and their associations as they design and advocate for private partnerships and programs to coordinate with their federally-funded services.
Since 2001, this project has been managed by Economic Opportunity Studies under the supervision of Meg Power. Since 2016, Community Action Partnership has been sharing in the work of the project and now is funded to manage the project work through 2019. Meg Power will continue contributing as a consultant to CAP.
What We Can Offer:
– Program Design Examples that complement WAP and LIHEAP
– Sample testimonies for advocacy at the utility commission
– Templates for allocating leveraging dollars through the state plan
– Connections to peers and energy advocates that want to help
We are working to transition our materials here, but for now please visit www.weatherizationplus.org
Contact Natalie Kramer for more information or assistance – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joint Report on Leveraged Non-Federal Funds for WAP (2016)
- Leveraging Your Weatherization Assistance Program: Why and How
- Leveraging the WAP: Discussion with Program Manager Dave Rinebolt
- Practitioner’s Guide: ORNL WAP Impact Evaluation – Energy Impacts for Large Multifamily Buildings (pdf)
- Practitioner’s Guide: ORNL WAP Impact Evaluation – Baseline Occupant Survey: Assessment of Client Status and Needs (pdf)
- Practitioner’s Guide: ORNL WAP Impact Evaluation- Client Satisfaction Survey: WAP Service Delivery from the Client’s Perspective (pdf)
- Practitioner’s Guide: Oak Ridge National Laboratory – Environmental Emissions Non-energy Benefits: Working Paper (pdf)