By: Gabi Kirsch
The views expressed in In Focus are exclusively those of the individual authors and do not necessarily reflect official positions of their employers or clients. References to materials or services in the public domain do not imply endorsement from those entities.
Funded by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, the Self-Sufficiency Research Clearinghouse (SSRC) houses an extensive and ever-growing virtual library of research, evaluation studies, policy briefs, and other high-quality resource materials across twelve domains.
Here are some new ways to use the SSRC!
- Follow the SSRC on Twitter! We tweet twice daily about new research uploaded into the SSRC. You will learn about current research in real time. Plus, you will be able to engage with the publishers, writers, and funders of the research as they are tagged in the tweets. Scroll through our twitter feed to get a good glimpse of the research you care about.
- Subscribe to our Newsletters. We promise to only send out emails that provide value to your work. We publish two topic-focused newsletters a month.
- The Spotlight is told in narrative form and links to relevant research on the SSRC. Our three most recent Spotlights have focused on Mental Health Awareness and Access to Treatment, Youth Employment, and the Opioid Epidemic.
- Our Newsletter is a list of resources focused on a specific topic and categorized by Featured Research Content, Practitioner Tools, and Events. Our three most recent Newsletter topics have been Back to School, Subsidized Employment and Self-Sufficiency, and Child Care.
- Read the question and answer document from our webinars. We know your life is busy and that you might not have time to watch a recorded webinar. Take a quick look at the Q&A document to get answers quickly about important topics. Understand the minimum wage, go beyond housing policy, and learn about childhood obesity.
- Request a free and virtual demonstration of how to use the SSRC. Do you have a team that would benefit from using the SSRC? We would be glad to work with you.
- Talk to us! Have a question about a specific topic, looking for a resource behind a paywall, or just want to chat about the great work you’re doing? Don’t hesitate to reach out. We’re always happy to help.