Chicago, Illinois // August 28-30, 2019
2019 Annual Convention
Community Action: A Voice for Change
- Early Bird Registration ends May 1st
- Awards/Scholarship Nominations must be received by June 6th
- Discounted Registration ends June 19th
- Pre-convention Pathways Open Enrollment Training registration ends July 12th
- Regular Fee Registration ends August 16th (Onsite fee begins August 17th)
- Cancellations must be received in writing by 5pm EST on August 2nd.
Extend your brand identity and marketing capabilities with a strong, visible presence at the national Community Action Partnership’s Annual Convention. Take advantage of the opportunity to tie your brand identity not only to the Partnership, but also to the culture of innovation and excellence that is cultivated at this event. Consider sponsoring individual events or items, or become an exhibitor and claim your spot in the Exhibit Hall! To read more about sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities, click here to download our info packet.
Do you know of any outstanding volunteers or other individuals who have advanced the work of Community Action, fought poverty in their communities, and enabled low-income families to achieve self-sufficiency? These individuals should be honored and recognized for their successful and exemplary efforts, and we invite you to nominate them for Community Action Partnership’s 2019 Annual Convention Awards.
To read full descriptions of the awards and scholarships, and learn how to nominate your standout volunteers, please click here.
To learn more about these opportunties, click here.
In addition to our outstanding General Sessions and Workshops, we offer some specialty pre-convention training including:
- Leadership Day
- Pathways Peer Review
- Pathways Open Enrollment
Please note that these trainings require additional fees and/or separate registration.
To read more about the General Sessions and their speakers, click here.
This year’s convention theme is Community Action: A Voice for Change. Our General Sessions express this theme through a variety of topics including policy solutions, immigration and migration, health intersections, and community resilience.
To read descriptions of individual workshops, click here.
Convention tracks will include:
- Effective Administration and Governance
- Promising Anti-Poverty Practices
- Strategies to Increase Visibility
- Research, Policy, and Action
- Performance at the Front Line
- Community Economic Development
- Energy Partnerships
To read more about the hotel, directions, transportation, and visiting Chicago, click here.
Code of Conduct
Annual Convention and other Community Action Partnership news.
Thank You to Our Sponsors