Below, you will find some important dates to keep in mind as we move into 2020.
- Enumeration begins in remote Alaska
- Census Internet, Mail, and Phone Invitation Letters
- Census Bureau mails materials to all households with information about how to respond online (including unique household ID) and language assistance resources. Materials will be mailed in 4 waves across the United States on 3/12, 3/13, 3/19, and 3/20. The online response platform will be live at the time of the first mailing. The Bureau also mails the paper form to the 20 percent of households it suspects have the lowest level of internet access. Households will receive reminder letters to households that have not completed the census throughout March and April.
- Census Internet, Mail, and Phone Invitation Letters (2nd round)
April 1: Census Day!
- Many events will happen on this day but it is important to note that this day is a reference day only. People can continue to fill out the census online or by phone through the spring.
May 13: Non-response follow up runs through July
- At this point, the Census Bureau identifies who has not responded to the census. The Census Bureau sends census workers to visit households that did not return their form. People may still complete the census online or via phone throughout this period.